What is Multimedia and Web Technology?
Design, Multimedia, and Web Technologies (2016)
Tasks/competencies bordered in blue are considered optional when marked as such; they and/or additional tasks/competencies may be taught at the discretion of the school division. All other tasks are considered essential statewide and are required of all students.
Demonstrating Workplace Readiness Skills: Personal Qualities and People Skills
- Demonstrate positive work ethic.
- Demonstrate integrity.
- Demonstrate teamwork skills.
- Demonstrate self-representation skills.
- Demonstrate diversity awareness.
- Demonstrate conflict-resolution skills.
- Demonstrate creativity and resourcefulness.
Demonstrating Workplace Readiness Skills: Professional Knowledge and Skills
- Demonstrate effective speaking and listening skills.
- Demonstrate effective reading and writing skills.
- Demonstrate critical-thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrate healthy behaviors and safety skills.
- Demonstrate an understanding of workplace organizations, systems, and climates.
- Demonstrate lifelong-learning skills.
- Demonstrate job-acquisition and advancement skills.
- Demonstrate time-, task-, and resource-management skills.
- Demonstrate job-specific mathematics skills.
- Demonstrate customer-service skills.
Demonstrating Workplace Readiness Skills: Technology Knowledge and Skills
- Demonstrate proficiency with technologies common to a specific occupation.
- Demonstrate information technology skills.
- Demonstrate an understanding of Internet use and security issues.
- Demonstrate telecommunications skills.
Examining All Aspects of an Industry
- Examine aspects of planning within an industry/organization.
- Examine aspects of management within an industry/organization.
- Examine aspects of financial responsibility within an industry/organization.
- Examine technical and production skills required of workers within an industry/organization.
- Examine principles of technology that underlie an industry/organization.
- Examine labor issues related to an industry/organization.
- Examine community issues related to an industry/organization.
- Examine health, safety, and environmental issues related to an industry/organization.
Addressing Elements of Student Life
- Identify the purposes and goals of the student organization.
- Explain the benefits and responsibilities of membership in the student organization as a student and in professional/civic organizations as an adult.
- Demonstrate leadership skills through participation in student organization activities, such as meetings, programs, and projects.
- Identify Internet safety issues and procedures for complying with acceptable use standards.
Demonstrating Knowledge of Hardware, Software, and Operating Systems
- Compare word processing, graphic design, multimedia creation, and web page creation.
- Evaluate operating systems and hardware for compatibility with common software applications.
- Evaluate software used in graphic design, multimedia creation, and web page creation.
- Use technical support to resolve problems encountered during the creation of digital projects.
- Apply appropriate method to back up files.
Applying Principles of Layout and Design
- Identify project-management components.
- Plan an effective design for a project.
- Apply principles of design, layout, and typography appropriate for a project.
- Enhance appearance of a project.
Designing and Creating Print and Graphic Design Projects
- Create original content for a digitally designed project.
- Demonstrate proofing skills through use of online tools and individual critiquing to check for format, style, correctness, and clarity.
- Import text, graphics, tables, and charts for use in a print or graphic design project.
- Use time-saving features of print and/or graphic design programs.
- Create documents utilizing a variety of layouts including multiple columns, pages, and element positions.