Multimedia Web Technology
Design, Multimedia, and Web Technologies, Advanced (2016)
Tasks/competencies bordered in blue are considered optional when marked as such; they and/or additional tasks/competencies may be taught at the discretion of the school division. All other tasks are considered essential statewide and are required of all students.
Demonstrating Workplace Readiness Skills: Personal Qualities and People Skills
- Demonstrate positive work ethic.
- Demonstrate integrity.
- Demonstrate teamwork skills.
- Demonstrate self-representation skills.
- Demonstrate diversity awareness.
- Demonstrate conflict-resolution skills.
- Demonstrate creativity and resourcefulness.
Demonstrating Workplace Readiness Skills: Professional Knowledge and Skills
- Demonstrate effective speaking and listening skills.
- Demonstrate effective reading and writing skills.
- Demonstrate critical-thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrate healthy behaviors and safety skills.
- Demonstrate an understanding of workplace organizations, systems, and climates.
- Demonstrate lifelong-learning skills.
- Demonstrate job-acquisition and advancement skills.
- Demonstrate time-, task-, and resource-management skills.
- Demonstrate job-specific mathematics skills.
- Demonstrate customer-service skills.
Demonstrating Workplace Readiness Skills: Technology Knowledge and Skills
- Demonstrate proficiency with technologies common to a specific occupation.
- Demonstrate information technology skills.
- Demonstrate an understanding of Internet use and security issues.
- Demonstrate telecommunications skills.
Examining All Aspects of an Industry
- Examine aspects of planning within an industry/organization.
- Examine aspects of management within an industry/organization.
- Examine aspects of financial responsibility within an industry/organization.
- Examine technical and production skills required of workers within an industry/organization.
- Examine principles of technology that underlie an industry/organization.
- Examine labor issues related to an industry/organization.
- Examine community issues related to an industry/organization.
- Examine health, safety, and environmental issues related to an industry/organization.
Addressing Elements of Student Life
- Identify the purposes and goals of the student organization.
- Explain the benefits and responsibilities of membership in the student organization as a student and in professional/civic organizations as an adult.
- Demonstrate leadership skills through participation in student organization activities, such as meetings, programs, and projects.
- Identify Internet safety issues and procedures for complying with acceptable use standards.
Enhancing Project-Management Skills
- Identify components of project management.
- Explain the impact of project management in information technology.
- Apply the project-management cycle to a class project.
Designing and Creating Advanced Graphic Design Projects
- Select appropriate software for a graphic design project.
- Apply principles of design, layout, and typography to an advanced graphic design project.
- Convert graphic elements and text to compatible formats for integration into publications.
- Create a variety of specialized documents.
- Analyze options and costs for printing a graphic design project.
Designing and Creating Advanced Interactive Multimedia Projects
- Incorporate audio and visual elements into an interactive multimedia project.
- Convert a publication to an interactive multimedia project.
- Research the different types of interactive multimedia software available.
Examining Internet Technologies
- Relate networking essentials to website construction.
- Describe the basic network types.
- Identify key Internet protocols.
- Explain Internet Protocol (IP) addresses and the domain naming system (DNS).
- Evaluate website hosting options.
Designing and Creating Advanced Websites
- Create an advanced website by applying accepted design principles.
- Critique an advanced website according to accepted design principles.
- Examine new and emerging trends in website design.
- Create an advanced website, using design software and/or a programming language.
- Use client-side and server-side scripting to create database-driven websites and applications.
- Incorporate search engine optimization (SEO) techniques in websites.
- Proofread and edit an advanced website.
- Test an advanced website.
- Describe the process for publishing a website.
- Demonstrate publishing, updating, and maintaining an advanced website.
- Assess the effects of new and emerging technologies on web use.
- Identify the basic components of an e-commerce website.
- Explore the use of communication tools.
Complying with Laws and Professional Ethics
- Comply with copyright laws when creating advanced digital media, multimedia, and website design projects.
- Demonstrate avoidance of unethical/inappropriate use of elements in advanced projects.
- Comply with licensing agreements pertaining to software usage.
- Demonstrate procedures to guard against computer crimes.
- Describe design of websites for accessibility and accommodation of persons with special needs.
Relating Classroom Applications to Business and Industry
- Describe new and emerging trends in digital media technologies.
- Explain the importance of digital media to business and industry.
- Create a design team project for a business/industry client.
- Deliver a presentation according to the principles of effective communication.
- Critique a presentation in accordance with the components of effective presentations.
Preparing for Industry Certification
- Describe the process and requirements for obtaining industry certifications related to the Advanced Design, Multimedia, and Web Technologies course.
- Identify testing skills/strategies for a certification examination.
- Demonstrate ability to successfully complete selected practice examinations (e.g., practice questions similar to those on certification exams).
- Successfully complete an industry certification examination representative of skills learned in this course (e.g., MOS, IC3, NOCTI).
Developing Employability Skills
- Identify job opportunities in the digital media industry.
- Update a professional portfolio.
- Deliver an oral presentation of a professional portfolio.