H3.SODD fanless HTPC case with

Lenovo Multimedia Remote with Keyboard N5902

Lenovo Q190_3The Lenovo Multimedia Remote with Keyboard was among the top performing and standout features found in the company’s IdeaCentre Q190 Mini PC. It comes packed with the diminutive PC solution and really helps it stand taller than other offerings like the Sapphire EDGE VS8 mini PC. But if you’re not interested in the IdeaCentre, don’t fret. The Multimedia Remote with QWERTY keybaord is sold separately for a handful of ten dollar bills and really compliments your home theater setup in a bedroom, office or living room setting.

The Multimedia Remote Keyboard features a USB nano dongle receiver for which it uses to communicate to the Mini PC over 2.4Ghz transmission. It’s found with the battery compartment on the underside of the device and can be store there when not in use. The layout and design is similar to a Ping Pong paddle. The unit can be held and operated with a single hand. There is also a touch sensitive node which functions similar to a trackball for full and complete wireless mouse functionality.SAMSUNG CSC Oh did I forget to mention; the Lenovo Multimedia Remote with Keyboard is also a full-featured mouse? It uses OFN (optical finger navigation) found just below the chrome bars. These function as left and right click. They’re intelligently positioned and work perfectly.

Setting it up is easier than you might believe. Just pluck the USB nano dongle from the underside battery compartment. Before you close that up, make sure you have two AA batteries inserted to power the sucker. Plug the nano dongle into your laptop, tablet or desktop PC of choice. Windows will install the necessary drivers. The Multimedia Remote supports Windows 2000, XP, Vista, Windows 7 and Windows 8. Even in the current state of Windows 8, the device works well in single hand. You may need two to switch from Live Tiles to the more inutive desktop settings.51Ir-N6N4gL But the Multimedia Remote with Keyboard features a QWERTY style layout where everything is at your finger tips.

Bottom Line: I’m a huge fan of this device. From price to performance, it’s hard to find a flaw. But it’s not impossible. I would like to see a larger sensor node for the OFN thumb sensor. It works great but it’s a bit too small so getting across a 17-in laptop takes more flicks than it should. I could change the sensitivity but things get weird with the cursor being jumpy and sensitive. Overall, the unit works very well, looks good, with great button response and full keyboard functionality. It works perfect from 10 meters, which is a good distance. Plus the batter life will hold up for about 3-months. Additionally, the Lenovo Multimedia Remote with Keyboard also feels firm and solid when held. This is the polar opposite of how we felt after playing with the FAVI wireless Bluetooth keyboard. I also prefer the sensor node to the super constrictive trackpad used on FAVI’s offering.

Share this article

Related Posts

Latest Posts
Smart Multimedia Player
Smart Multimedia…
To enable volume discounts on this site…
Acer Multimedia Projector
Acer Multimedia…
How does the Acer P5207b perform as a…
Multimedia LED Projector
Multimedia LED…
The principle is very simple. There is…
Juster Multimedia Speakers
Juster Multimedia…
It s surprising how many computers have…
Hitachi Multimedia Projector
Hitachi Multimedia…
As a 3LCD projector, the Hitachi CP-A352WN…
Search
Featured posts
  • Lenovo Multimedia Remote with Keyboard
  • Lenovo Multimedia Remote Keyboard N5902
  • Lenovo Multimedia Remote Keyboard
  • Lenovo Multimedia Remote
  • Multimedia Remote Keyboard
  • Lenovo Multimedia Laptop
  • Mac multimedia software
  • Multimedia software Free Download
  • Types of multimedia software
Copyright © 2024 l multimedia-technology.com. All rights reserved.