Antec Multimedia Station
/ 5 years ago
InstallationBefore installation or purchase of the Antec Veris Multimedia Station Premier there are a few considerations which you need to keep in mind.
- To install the Antec Veris Multimedia Station Premier the cable for your case’s power switch will need to be long enough to connect to the back of the Antec Veris Multimedia Station Premier mounted in your 5.25″ drive bays. For the majority of cases this is unlikely to be of any issue but we would recommend checking before purchase that your case meets this requirement.
- The Antec Veris Multimedia Station Premier requires the space of two standard 5.25″ drive bays which must be located next to each other without anything in the middle to allow the Antec Veris Multimedia Station Premier to fit into both of the bays seamlessly. This device is therefore more suitable for standard ATX or MATX cases than most HTPC cases.
During the installation process there are four things which need to be connected to the rear of the Antec Veris Multimedia Station Premier we would therefore recommend that you firstly connect these to your PC before screwing in the Antec Veris Multimedia Station Premier into your case, otherwise you will find yourself having to unscrew the Antec Veris Multimedia Station Premier to connect them.
- Connection for power cable (Left)
- Power Switch Out (Middle Left)
- Case Power Switch In (Middle Right)
- USB Cable (Right)
We are pleased to inform you about best SEO wordpress theme.
The first connection on the left powers the Antec Veris Multimedia Station Premier from the 24-pin Power Adaptor which comes supplied, the adaptor connects to your motherboards standard 24pin ATX power connector, the 24pin connection from your power supply then connects to the supplied adaptor. It also acts as an extension cable however could also cause issues for cable managements depending on the design of your case, in the Antec 1200 test case it could be hidden within the cases cable management.
The two middle connections are for looping the power switch through the Antec Veris Multimedia Station Premier, this gives the Antec Veris Multimedia Station Premier the ability to turn the PC on and off using the supplied remote control. Of the two middle connections the left is for the output of the power switch and connects to the motherboard, the connection on the right is where the power switch connection from the case connects.
The last connection on the right is used for the USB connection, the Antec Veris Multimedia Station Premier uses a standard USB A connection and can therefore be connected to a USB connection on the back of the motherboard. Alternatively the cable can be connected using the supplied USB converter to an internal header.